The thing is that if we don’t figure out a way to cope with stress and regularly discharge and shut off the stress response — we are at risk for illness to develop.
Stress is connected to cardiovascular disease, digestive issues, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and a host of other issues such as premature aging.
So how do you know when you’re feeling stressed?
Signs That You May Be Feeling Stressed:
- You have trouble shutting down your monkey mind at bedtime
- You wake up multiple times throughout the night
- It doesn’t take much to set off your emotions — crying or angry outbursts
- You feel like you’re always full of tension – arms and shoulders are always tight and sore
- You frequently get headaches – the ones that feel like someone is squeezing the back of your head
- You often have a sense of dread — like something horrible will happen
- You are unable to fully relax even when there is no immediate reason not to
- Pounding heart, shaking hands and sweating..
- Increased numbing behaviour such as eating and drinking
Yeah I get it. As an HSP I tend to get stressed so much easier than my family and friends and sometimes over the littlest things. It’s a fact that its HSPs enter into the stress response much easier than their peers AND tend to stay in it much longer.
The thing is that our body is not meant to stay in the stress response for prolonged periods of time and when this does happen — which is quite common these days — it puts our body at risk for dis-ease
Some of the Consequences of Prolonged Stress Include:
- Fluctuations with blood sugar levels — insulin resistance
- It can change blood pressure, blood sugar levels and insulin levels — which over time can cause inflammation in the blood vessels leading to an increased risk of cardiovascular disease
- It slows down the digestive system which over time can decrease hydrochloric acid production — impacting digestion and absorption of nutrients — imbalances
- It can also cause a host of digestive issues — IBS, GERD, ulcers
- Changes to the immune system putting you at risk for illness
- Impairs memory and concentration
- Decrease in sex drive and libido
- Issues with migraines or chronic headaches
I know that it sounds a bit scary but that’s not my intention — by bringing awareness to how you’re feeling and whether you experience chronic stress — it allows you to make changes to help reduce these effects.
Are you looking to take the next steps in your health but don’t know where to start?
Are you ready to have more energy and kick the sugar & caffeine habit but are feeling stuck?
Are you tired of being tired and are ready to increase your energy naturally?
If so let’s get on a call to discuss how I can help.
Book your FREE 30 Minute Energy & Nutritional Consult below!
Well until next time my friends,
Remember …. It’s about loving yourself where you are so that you can get to where you want to go…one step at a time, one change at a time.
Gratitude & Hugs
Body Awareness & Wellness Coach
I help women with sensitive souls who struggle with overwhelm & emotional fatigue. I help them to reconnect to their inner wisdom and find the stillness within that will allow them to thrive in this chaotic and loud world while helping them to create their own map to health and wellness.