- Does this sound familiar?:
- You always seek out the newest fads because you want to find something that actually works for you
- You have tried diet after diet without success
- You can’t seem to stick to anything long enough to see results
- You just from quick fix to quick fix but nothing seems to work
- These things aren’t working because you probably aren’t noticing the signs that your body have been sending you because you’re so focused on following the “rules.”
- Does this sound familiar?:
How Do We Get So Disconnected?
- When we are growing up we aren’t taught how to react based on how we feel
- Instead we are usually taught to eat based on a schedule
- This isn’t to blame anyone but to point out how some of the habits that we’ve been taught have allowed us to bypass our natural intuition around food and eating
- When we were infants we may have been fed on a strict schedule (every 3-4 hours) — so rather than being fed when we cried we were fed at a specific time regardless if we were hungry or not
- When we’re in school and in some professions we eat snacks and lunch as specified times
- So rather than waiting until we receive a hunger cue we eat because of the time
- Our digestion is initiated through hunger — so without it we may not digest things well
- Through learned behavior we pick up habits such as eating for comfort or to numb our discomfort
- Rather than listening to the body and acknowledging and processing uncomfortable feelings we push them down through the use of food, drugs, alcohol, distractions
- By being disconnected we’re unable to even notice what we’re feeling
You Won’t Need to Focus on Following Plans Rather Than Noticing How Our Body Feels
- It is very common in the health industry for people to seek out meal plans or coaching plans — while these can be completely necessary and helpful at the beginning of your journey — the goal long term should be for you to notice how things feel for you and to adjust based on what you notice
- By connecting to your body and learning to follow it’s cues — you won’t need to follow a plan again
- This is something that cannot be learned overnight but it is very worth the time and effort
- We can also become so obsessed on details that it becomes more harmful for our body than helpful
- Obsession with eating “right or healthy”
- Eating disorders
We Are All a Bit Different
- We are all biochemically different
- So what may work for one person may not work for another
- This is why meal plans and diets may help us to initiate our start so that we have a base to start from but why trying to follow anything strictly may not really help long term
It helps you to establish what is “real or true”
- We all know that there is lots of confusing and overwhelming information out there especially when it comes to our health
- One of the key things that has helped me in my journey is trying things and seeing what felt good and true for my body
- This takes the pressure away from having to follow every new thing — or the confusion of what one doctor says vs another
- They are simply going from their experience and what they’ve seen with clients
- But different things can be helpful for different people
Are you looking to take the next steps in your health but don’t know where to start?
Are you ready to have more energy and kick the sugar & caffeine habit but are feeling stuck?
Are you tired of being tired and are ready to increase your energy naturally?
If so let’s get on a call to discuss how I can help.
Book your FREE 30 Minute Energy & Nutritional Consult below!
Well until next time my friends,
Remember …. It’s about loving yourself where you are so that you can get to where you want to go…one step at a time, one change at a time.
Gratitude & Hugs
Body Awareness & Wellness Coach
I help women with sensitive souls who struggle with overwhelm & emotional fatigue. I help them to reconnect to their inner wisdom and find the stillness within that will allow them to thrive in this chaotic and loud world while helping them to create their own map to health and wellness.