In this episode, I talk about how trying to be strong and ignoring our emotions is having an impact on our health.
If you are an emotional eater or someone who struggles with dealing with out bursts of emotion then this is a video for you.
Our Need for Strength
- We’re told that we need to be “strong”
- We’re taught to suppress our emotions
- To not show feelings in front of others
- We stuff things down in order to feel that we are in control
- But instead when we push emotions down we aren’t processing them
- And instead they will find another times to try to come out
- It will cause us to become reactive
- Then we feel guilt — judgement
- And we perpetrate the same cycle
Our Emotional Cycle
- Uncomfortable emotion
How This Impacts Our Health
- When we don’t process our emotions they get stored in the body
- Repeatedly doing this causes imbalances in the body
- The very word — “dis-ease”
What To Do About It
- First we need to realize that feeling emotion is not a weakness
- Secondly — feeling emotion doesn’t mean expressing or reacting to them
- We don’t have to be reactive and in fact when we feel them and process them — we are not likely to be reactive
- Practice self-awareness
- The practice of bringing our awareness to our body
- Knowing what we’re feeling
- Practices to help build self-awareness
- Know our triggers & habits
- What do you do when you’re stressed?
- What do you do when you’re feeling emotional?
- What do you do when you’re avoiding things?
- Eating certain foods/binging
- Numbing out to alcohol or drugs
- Avoiding responsibilities/things you need to do
- Paying bills
Connect & Release – Know what can help you connect to yourself and process your feelings
- Talk to someone
- Go for a walk or hike in nature
- Working out
- Whatever you need to do to focus on your feelings and process/release them
When you combine self-awareness with knowing your habits then you can know when you are in the process of numbing/pushing down and then use your strategies to help connect and release.
Are you looking to take the next steps in your health but don’t know where to start?
Are you ready to have more energy and kick the sugar & caffeine habit but are feeling stuck?
Are you tired of being tired and are ready to increase your energy naturally?
If so let’s get on a call to discuss how I can help.
Book your FREE 30 Minute Energy & Nutritional Consult below!
Well until next time my friends,
Remember …. It’s about loving yourself where you are so that you can get to where you want to go…one step at a time, one change at a time.
Gratitude & Hugs
Body Awareness & Wellness Coach
I help women with sensitive souls who struggle with overwhelm & emotional fatigue. I help them to reconnect to their inner wisdom and find the stillness within that will allow them to thrive in this chaotic and loud world while helping them to create their own map to health and wellness.